How Much Does Palm Tree Removal Cost?
27 Feb 2019
The average cost of palm tree removal is $825. Palm tree removal costs ranged from $150 to $1,500 in the US for 2019.
Palm Tree Removal Costs
Palm tree removal costs are dependent on many different factors but the most important indicator of the price you will pay is the height of the tree! As when it comes to trimming a tree, the height of the tree has a large impact on the amount you will pay:
- The average palm tree removal service for up to a 30 feet tall tree is $215. Palm tree removal service for up to a 30 feet tall tree ranged from $108 to $322 in 2018-2019.
- The average palm tree removal service for a 30-60 feet tall tree is $429. Palm tree removal service for up to a 30-60 feet tall tree ranged from $179 to $679 in 2018-2019.
- The average palm tree removal service for a 60-80 feet tall tree is $536. Palm tree removal service for up to a 60-80 feet tall tree ranged from $286 to $786 in 2018-2019.
- The average palm tree removal service for an 80-100 feet tall tree is $928. Palm tree removal service for up to an 80-100 feet tall tree ranged from $786 to $1170 or more in 2018-2019.
These prices usually include the cutting of the palm tree down into a short stump. In some cases, they may also include the cutting up of the trunk into smaller sections, though you may have to pay extra for that.
Consider that some additional items can add to the total cost of your palm tree removal, including:
- Haul Away Trunk – You could pay up to $250 more to have the trunk sections hauled away as well.
- Mileage – There is usually a charge for travel and mileage when palm tree removal services have to come from outside of the immediate area.
- Rope Down the Palm Tree – It will add significantly to the bill If the palm tree grows dangerously close to a building or other obstacle, it will need to be roped down in sections.
- Stump Removal – You can expect to pay an additional $74 to $215 If you’d like the stump to be ground away.
Trying to remove or even cutting down a palm tree is dangerous for yourself and others and that is why despite the seemingly high costs, it really is worth it to have this job done by a professional arborist or contractor. Even trimming a palm tree can be dangerous and runs the rick of the tree suffering and maybe dying due to incorrect trimming techniques.
Cost To Remove Palm Trees By Size
Below are the average costs you can expect to pay for palm tree removal by various sizes. Please note the last figure would apply if there are special circumstances that make the removal less simple, such as a lack of space.
- The average small palm (15 feet) removal cost is $125. The average small palm (15 feet) removal cost ranged from $108 to $142 in 2018-2019. Special circumstances up to $215.
- The average medium palm (15-24 feet) removal cost is $215. The average medium palm (15-24 feet) removal cost ranged from $179 to $250 in 2018-2019. Special circumstances up to $322.
- The average large palm (24-36 feet) removal cost is $393. The average medium palm (15-24 feet) removal cost ranged from $356 to $428 in 2018-2019. Special circumstances up in excess of $430.
Palm Removal Cost Factors
- Size Of The Palm: It is not only the height but the girth of the palm tree to be removed that has an impact on the total cost. The larger the trunk, the more expensive it becomes to remove.
- Accessibility And Location: Access to the tree is a major factor when determining the removal cost. This takes more manpower to remove the tree, especially if the tree is in the back and you have no vehicle access to the rear of the property. Conversely, a tree with a lot of space around it should be cheaper.
- Number Of Trees: You can get additional value if you have a number of trees to remove. Contact us today for further details!
- Stump Removal: Palm stumps are quite soft so it usually will not cost more than about $50 for stump removal. Larger stumps (more than 15 inches) may cost more.
Palm Tree Removal In Phoenix
If you own a property in the Phoenix Valley our team of trained, licensed, and insured tree cutting professionals will cut down and remove your tree safely and affordably. Every one of our skilled technicians understand our safe palm tree removal and cutting protocols and work together to get the job done quickly and safely. Keeping your property in the best condition possible while removing the tree is also our top priority. We remove the tree, clean up the mess, and leave your property in great condition.